I started school in January. Yet another attempt at accomplishment of some kind. I have spent too much time a gypsy soul, wanderer. Of course there is always excitement and intrigue awaiting the ramblers of this world...and it seems plenty of heartaches as well. A wanderer is never satisfied sitting still. But I must question, what causes bring one to become such a person? What conflicts arise in one who longs for stability but finds that its not in her nature (nor Providence's plans apparantely) to keep such a thing. There is comfort in stability. In love, work, life! Yes, I have spent too much time a wanderer...well says who? Says the world. I should already be there by now. I should not find myself at a beginning! Yet I still press and push my way, I still look for that perfect niche. Maybe that is the reason for my wandering. Maybe most just settle for a place that's comfortable, while I search for a place that is true to my soul. But these are just ramblings, right? Or do you find a piece of truth amongst the rubbish?
I've wondered why my life isn't more stable, like my only sister's life, which seems steady, sure and predictable. Whenever things are going well I find that I embrace my "gypsy" ways. Whenever the rain comes and the sun is like a distant memory, I long for the steadiness I see in her life. I guess I am like a river flowing...unpredictable yet even the river has a certain path that is carved out of the earth that it follows. She, like a sirene pool in unmoving waters. Sounds boring to me, but in reality, its easier to see who you are in still waters. Hmm.
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Wanderer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment